PDA

View Full Version : Chamois

Dave Courtenay
01-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I went to the Swiss Jura Mountains today to try out my MK3 which i got back yesterday from Canon, Yesterday had seen a new drop of snow and i managed to find 2 small groups of Chamois out in the open and after an hour managed to get into a reasonable position although i still had to use extenders

Canon 1D3 500F4+2x Evaluative+1 1/3

D. Robert Franz
01-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Well your MK3 seems to be focusing better on static subjects.. Any thoughts? Did you have highlight tone priority set? The snow is not blown and your have detail in the shadows. Impressive in this kind of light. Cropping a little off the top and left side of the frame might strengthen your comp..

Dave Courtenay
01-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Still need to give the camera more tests on mving subjects, I did have the highlight tone priority on and it works well in these situations-this is full frame so cropping is an option-thanks for your time

Dave

Jasper Doest
01-17-2008, 03:05 AM
Exceptional detail Dave....of one of my favorite mountain animals. The whites on the head seem a bit hot...Since this animal lives in the mountains and you had a perfect layer of snow I'd have liked it better if framed a bit wider....to show more emptiness in the photograph, which is characteristic for the area where they live.

Dave Courtenay
01-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi Jasper
I do have wider shots but of i had put them up somebody would have said to crop it-cant win, Have many more from todays session with snow falling as well, The whites do look hot on the head for some reason,The high res image is fine