PDA

View Full Version : Feathered Woody

bill kominsky
10-11-2008, 06:55 AM
This Woody was chopping away at the hole and went inside I guess to check it out, but when he came out he backed out, never saw this action before and you see what happened to the wing, a little whimsical I thought.

Canon MK-3-ISO=200 @f/8 and 1/800th of a sec. 0-EXP. COMP.

All comments and visits are greatly appreciated.

Bill

denise ippolito
10-11-2008, 07:05 AM
Bill very nice woodpecker shot. On the bottom right corner is alittle straight line that suggests canvas expansion. I would probably get rid of that because otherwise you would never know. Other than that I love the head angle and feather hanging out- it's a nice touch Great capture!!!!

bill kominsky
10-11-2008, 07:42 AM
No Denise this is not a vanvas ext. but don't know how I missed it, it is in the original image as well and will definitely fix it. Thank you so much for your words and for the visit.

Bill

denise ippolito
10-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Ya- I figured it wasn't but I wasn't sure what it was so I thought I would let you know. Sorry I didn't mean to speak out of turn I was only trying to help. Once again sorry. I do love the shot , it's spot on.

Fabs Forns
10-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Very nice Red-bellied Woodie. I love the turned feather. It could loose some off the left. Unspoken rule is one third tree. two thirds BG.

Ramon M. Casares
10-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Very nice! Love the comp, the BG, the light and that feather, I wish we could see some tail, but as it is is very nice! Congratulaitons!

bill kominsky
10-11-2008, 08:44 PM
It was at least one third of the tree if not more Fab and follow the rule whenever possible, thank you so much for your comment it means so much to hear your input.

Bill

bill kominsky
10-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Thank you so much Ramón, you have no idea how much it means.

Bill

P.S. Wish I could see more tail also-LOL :)