PDA

View Full Version : Blowin In The Wind

Mike Moats
10-11-2008, 04:44 AM
I think the line from a Bob Dylan song, "the answer my friend, is blowin in the wind" says it all when shooting flowers on a windy day. The answer on a windy day, shoot slow shutter (two seconds here) and go abstract. Bracket shutter speeds and you'll get all kind of interesting images.

Fuji S5, Sigma 180, Tripod, Natural Light. F/3.5

david cramer
10-11-2008, 07:59 AM
You've created an attractive interplay of color and motion on this one. Most times it pays to go with what mother nature (or Bob Dylan) has provided.

Julie Kenward
10-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Beautiful abstract, Mike. You should hop down to the OOTB forum and check out all the recent blur images down there...some of them are really great.

I love the colors in this one and you got a good sense of movement without producing an unrecognizable image.

Anita Rakestraw
10-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Very appealing image, Mike, I'm going to have to try some of these kinds of things, especially since it seems to be windy here ALL the time lately!

Gus Cobos
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Excellent work Mike,
I like the soft play and liquid motion conveyed here...good show...:cool:

Ed Cordes
10-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Wonderful blend of colors and just enough sharpness to understand the underlying subject. Love it!

Robert O'Toole
10-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Interesting motion blur, I like the shapes and effect. Works well.

I think the image would benefit to run an s curve to improve the contrast somewhat.

Robert