PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnails and Tearsheets

Aidan Briggs
10-10-2008, 07:08 PM
A magazine is asking for a contact sheet of thumbnails and tearsheets of former assignments to accompany my images. So I have some questions as I am new to this business: For tearsheets: Should I send the whole magazine my work is in, or should I cut out just that page? Should I ask for tearsheets if my work is published? And for thumbnails: Is there a standard for how many images should I print per sheet? What type of paper should I print it on?

Thanks in advance.

Robert O'Toole
10-11-2008, 09:00 PM
A magazine is asking for a contact sheet of thumbnails and tearsheets of former assignments to accompany my images. So I have some questions as I am new to this business: For tearsheets: Should I send the whole magazine my work is in, or should I cut out just that page? Should I ask for tearsheets if my work is published? And for thumbnails: Is there a standard for how many images should I print per sheet? What type of paper should I print it on?

Thanks in advance.

Remove and scan just the page with your work and I have used the mag cover also for reference.

No standard for thumbs, the larger the easier they are to see, so dont make them too small. Use whatever paper makes them look the best.

All magazine I have worked with ask for all digital subs, this pub wants actually real prints and sheets???

Robert