PDA

View Full Version : Mingo falls

Jared Lloyd
10-10-2008, 03:28 PM
After getting down on one knee and proposing to my girlfriend of 8 years at the base of Mingo falls, I made this photograph. Since she said yes, I figured I would make a print of this one for her. Critiques are appriciated.
Jared

Roman Kurywczak
10-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey Jared,
Congratulations!!! At that spot.........how could she say no?!!!

I may have liked to see the top of the falls.........but since I don't know what is up there.......the exposure is right on as is the choice of SS

Congrats again!

Sabyasachi Patra
10-12-2008, 04:02 AM
Jared,
Congratulations ! I think this moment calls for no critiques! I can say you have chosen a right place to propose.

All the Best!
Cheers
Sabyasachi

Grady Weed
10-12-2008, 12:23 PM
I will echo the above. Frame this one for her and love her like no tomorrow. When you are old and grey, go back here and kiss her on some anniversary. Then take her home and have some quiet time, fall asleep and dream sweet things, of her.

Robert Amoruso
10-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Jared,

I like the framing of the falls and the switchback on the left as it provides additional visual interest.

Congrats on the proposal and acceptance. Good luck.

Bruce Murden
10-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Great day to be there -- lovely saturation in the greens, and the water is delightful. And what cool nerves to be able to compose and shoot this image after a proposal!

But where's the metadata? We really need to know if this was solitaire or multiple diamonds? Gold or platinum? Something from the vending machine? :) Big time congrats!

Jared Lloyd
10-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Bruce,
as for the proposals metadata:

It was a quarter karet (im trying to make my living from photography so no half karot here) marquee cut diamond. These arent exactly rare but not very common.

the band was white gold with 20 little tiny diamonds inside of it.

She has always had problems with remember cool places that I take her to a couple years later and so I told her that I knew just how to make sure she would always remember Mingo falls. Afterwards, when we were talking about it, she told me she thought when i was going down on my knee that I was going to grab her legs and pick her up to dangle her over the river! I'm not sure what that says about me, but it was definitely a suprise to her when i pulled out a ring instead.

Jared