PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Parula (Pitiayumí)

Ramon M. Casares
10-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi all! Today, after a few days of absence I return here with this little guy (9 cm) a new speacies that I had the chance to photogrpah in good condition, it is a full frame (and mora as I had added a little bit of canvas on top. I didn't want a plain green BG so I used a palm tree as I liked very much the tones and the diferent greens it gave to the BG. Hope you like it! Enjoy!

MarkII
70-200 2.8
TC2X
580 EX
Tv 1/320 sec
Av f/6.3
ISO 500
Comp Exp +1

Comments are very welcome and critiques are much apreciated!

Nagesh Mula
10-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Another Good one Ramon.
I liked the background (what was that BTW).
The composition is very good in my opinion and ofcourse the sharpness.
Keep it Comming ;-)

Juan Aragonés
10-10-2008, 02:54 PM
I like the curve of the perch and the foliage at the extreme of the perch. The Bg is really nice, rich in textures and colors. The light is fantastic, soft and sweet and the bird is very sharp with good pose and eye contact. I like your idea of keeping a lot of room around the main subject but I think that the bird needs to be placed just a little bit a t the left because it is almost in the center of the frame. The overall result is very good to my taste.

Manos Papadomanolakis
10-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Killer bg Ramon!!!
Great colors,eye contact,head turn and light,congrats!!!

Fernando Cerra
10-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Ramón, congratulations for a great photo, good composition, the colors of the background add a sense of motion.

So you just selected the Palm tree as background and the bird landed? can you elaborate more about it.

Patricio Murphy
10-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Excelente foto, che. Hermoso pájaro el pitiayumí.

bill kominsky
10-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Ramón I agree with everyone, another winner and very stunning, thank you.

Bill

Glenn Bartley
10-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Very nice Ramon.....the bird just pops off of that BG.

Aidan Briggs
10-10-2008, 07:11 PM
I would usually suggest to crop it a little tighter, but in this case the extra space complements the image nicely. Good sharpness, comp, and BG. I love that perch. Stunning image;)

Joanna Trescott
10-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Ramon: What is there to critique about this one. Absolutely wonderful!

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Ufff, this is such a hard subject to photograph, not only because they are very small, but also can't stay still for long!!!
You did great and I mean it. The only thing is that I find too much space around the bird, may be a tighter crop?
Great job anyways.

Ramon M. Casares
10-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Ramón, congratulations for a great photo, good composition, the colors of the background add a sense of motion.

So you just selected the Palm tree as background and the bird landed? can you elaborate more about it.

Fernando, yes I can elaborate, the thing is that I was visitng some locations to find good places to take nature photographers and I found a place where this little guy was coming and going all day using the same route, so I used the perch in the picture (a young tree on a flowerpot with a feeder) and put it right in the bird's route, it was a matter of time to get him to pose for me. That is way I said that the conditions were great!
Thanks Fernado and all of you for your commets and thought! I apreciate them very much!

Ramon M. Casares
10-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Ufff, this is such a hard subject to photograph, not only because they are very small, but also can't stay still for long!!!
You did great and I mean it. The only thing is that I find too much space around the bird, may be a tighter crop?
Great job anyways.

Juan Carlos, thanks! With a tighter crop the perch shold be cut off and the composition would suffer. I really like this comp, maybe not the best for web use, but for a big print it should looks very nice, don't you think?

Greg Basco
10-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Ramon, I would not change a thing. Outstanding image!

Cheers,
Greg

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Juan Carlos, thanks! With a tighter crop the perch shold be cut off and the composition would suffer. I really like this comp, maybe not the best for web use, but for a big print it should looks very nice, don't you think?
You know Ramón, seen the image with more detail, I can say that you are very right! yes, this is a great image the way it is! and talking about printing it, I believe it would look wonderful. Great job again.:D

Mark Schmitt
10-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I would change nothing. The rays of foliage in the BG lend an aetherial affect. Clean, crisp bird. Good colour rendition and saturation. Splendid.