PDA

View Full Version : Out of focus stilts

Juan Aragonés
10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi all, I apologize for my lack of participation in the past weeks but I have been really busy writing a couple of articles and with some photo workshops. I hope to find more free time for posting and commenting on the images:)
Here is an image of the kind I like to call "A frustrating disaster". At web size it looks pretty sharp but at 100% it is slightly OOF. This image belongs to a series at is the one that I like the most but the one that is OOF. The other images are nice but the reflection on the water was clipped or the bird doesn´t have a nice pose like in this image. :o
Yesterday I posted another image of the series here in BPN (at the Spanish/Latin America regional forum at BPN) with good focus but with a not so nice pose or composition.
Sometimes we got images that are not perfect like this one but I still like a lot due to the nice light, BG and pose. No additional saturation added BTW. It was such a beautiful day that the colors were really vibrant..

Nikon D2X AFS Nikkor 300VR + 1,4XTC handheld 1/1600s f5,6 ISO 250

Manos Papadomanolakis
10-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Both images are very nice but I prefer this one,the reflections makes the image!!!

Doug Brown
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Great water and reflection Juan. The OOF bird is somewhat distracting, but it's still a very nice shot.

Ramon M. Casares
10-10-2008, 12:11 PM
They are flying a bit away from you but the light, poses, colours and detail are outstanding, reflection is a big plus/! Congratulations!

Juan Aragonés
10-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Thank you guys for the comments, much appreciated. I just wanted to say that BOTH birds are out of focus:( This is an overprocessed crop trying to get as much sharpenning as possible but the image is really OOF and look really bad but I like this image a lot and I just can´t delete it from my files:o

Lance Peters
10-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Hi Juan - can totally sympathise -- have a few of these myself. Cant bring myself to delete them - can only really use them for the web were they do not look that bad.

Nice shot.

:)