PDA

View Full Version : Black-winged Stilt foraging

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-10-2008, 03:46 AM
Captured near the Sydney 2000 Olympic site, in the area's wetland as the light faded last night. Hand held, vertical comp. 80% of the full frame image.

amera Model Name
Canon EOS 30D
Shooting Date/Time
10/9/2008 18:16:58
Tv(Shutter Speed)
1/2000Sec.
Av(Aperture Value)
F5.6
Metering Modes
Evaluative metering
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed
Lens
EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x

http://www.birdingoz.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=249&stc=1&d=1223608941

Krijn Trimbos
10-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Hi Akos,
Beautiful shot of this nice bird. Nice leg position, reflection and headangle. I would have gone either a bit lower or higher here to exclude the diffuse but noticable blue line going to through the head. In this case I think I would have gone for a slightly higher angle to include a nice reflection. On my work monitor there seem to be some hot and burnt areas in your white and black areas respectively. Maybe you could take it back to RAW to try to get more details out of those areas. Apart from that a very very nice shot!

Jim Poor
10-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Nice peaceful capture. I agree with moving the line away from the head for sure.

There is still detail in the areas that look hot on the monitor. On the head, the R channel is close to the edge, but the G&B have plenty of room left. The bright spot under the wing is close in all three, but there is still enough room there that I think you can recover the details either during conversion or with some work targeting the highlights specifically.

Linda Robbins
10-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Nice pose and good head angle. All good suggestions above for improving the whites. At capture, I think I would also have chosen a slightlly higher angle to avoid the background line intersecting the bird and to preserve the nice reflection.

Juan Aragonés
10-10-2008, 12:05 PM
I can´t see the image but the thumbnail looks great. I like the composition and the light a lot. Hope to see the whole image in my next visit;)

Lance Peters
10-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Love the stilts - agree with all of the above and as a alternative, I would try a crop without the reflection. IMHO the reflection is not that strong and image might be improved without including it.

:)

Manos Papadomanolakis
10-11-2008, 06:28 AM
I really like the reflection and eye contact!