PDA

View Full Version : Beep & Maine Lobster

Grady Weed
10-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Their is a local lobster pound here in Cornish, called Bay Haven, which serves fresh lobster, and Gulf of Maine fish, right off of the docks in Portland. You can get it cooked any way you wish and the lines go around the building, at any time it is open. The owners of Bay Haven let BeeP pick his own Lobster right out of the 500 gallon tank. The little fella picked one almost as big as he is. We had to tie it up with rubber bands, sort of handcuffs for lobsters, to protect BeeP from the claws. You get fries, fresh baked rolls, cold fresh brewed iced tea, Cole slaw if you wish, it usually is more than you can eat!

After our visit to the Lobster Pound we headed over to the apple orchards for fresh picked apples, fresh made apple cider donuts, hot mulled cider, apple cider syrup and all kinds of fresh made fudge. But that is for tomorrows edition of BeeP goes New England!

Aw yup! Thanks Maine speak, for you "from away folks".

Maxis Gamez
10-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Hehe!!

Funny!

Michael Pancier
10-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I can't wait to get there next week. Nothing like the scent of fresh apples ....

Grace Scalzo
10-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Sounds like Beep might be packing on the pounds in New England......

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-10-2008, 02:11 AM
Don't worry - he'll soon lose those pounds carrying my tripod and camera gear around next week!!!!

Alfred Forns
10-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Glad that crustacean is all tied up !!! Can see Beeps look of concern :)

Fabs Forns
10-10-2008, 07:34 PM
That critter is getting too spoiled, wait till he gets back to Miami and rice and beans :)

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey I would love to visit that place !!!!! Beep is now living the priveleged life and I am suffering a little envy < smile > Thanks for sharing Grady.