PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher

Rick Dobson
10-09-2008, 07:42 PM
I took this pic back in mid-September. Just happened to see her by chance as I glanced down a creek off the river. I went over to where she was perched and hid in the bushes hoping she might return. As it turned out it was my lucky day. She returned and let me take some 20 quick captures before flying off again.
Canon 30D, 1/2500, f/5.6, ISO 400, 500mm x1.4.

Chris Hansen
10-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Rick,
I love the background. Nice perch. Good detail on the birds feathers. There is a small part on the neck where the white is a little blown out. Excellent catchlight in the eye. The bird seems a little centered in the frame. Perhaps move it down a little to give more room at the top? Overall the image is very pleasing to the eye. Keep it up.
Chris

Ed Cordes
10-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Excellent detail and I like the way the top feathers are displayed. It does look a bit centered for my taste.

Mark Schmitt
10-09-2008, 10:15 PM
The bird is excellent. Resolution and clarity is good; detail is good. Would agree with the above evaluations. I might add, there appears to be just the slightest bit of noise in the bg; easily remedied. All-in-all a good image.

SeanKP
10-10-2008, 11:48 AM
This is a lovely shot of a splendid bird. Light and detail are great. Agree about the bird being a bit too centred but that is trivial to fix. I might clone out one of the two specular highlights in the eye.

Cheers.

Sean

Aidan Briggs
10-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi Rick,

Nice image. I love the BG and subject. As mentioned it is a bit too centered. It also looks a tad oversharpened.