PDA

View Full Version : Chip Off The Old Bloch

Julie Kenward
10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Okay, last one I promise! This was just such a fun building to photograph that I can't help myself. This is the side view of the Bloch Building in Kansas City as seen from the east side so you get an idea of the scale of this thing!

Roman Kurywczak
10-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Hey Julie,
This shows scale very nicely. I like the steps in the cubes and the tree placement.....so the comp is right on. Glad to see you had fun with it.
A tip for next time.........cover the bloch building with your hand over the lens........no I haven't been drinking......Call it in camera burning..........then the right side can be exposed longer and maybe even a few stars will pop in. I did it in this image to give you an idea; http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13973
You know you can PM me any time with more questions.

Julie Kenward
10-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Yes, you mentioned that to me and I fully intend to do that the next time I'm there. I had my tripod with me but got so excited while I was taking the photographs that I never once stopped to set it up - I made all the images handheld. I just kept running up and down the parameters of the buildings clicking the shutter like a mad woman. My dad could barely keep up with me!

Roman Kurywczak
10-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Running around without a tripod??? 30 lashes with a cable release :D:D:D!!! It is an exciting new world isn't it??

Julie Kenward
10-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh I HAD the tripod...and I carried it the entire time...I just never OPENED it. :D:eek::D

I can't help myself...I think it's all the years of watching my dad as a photojournalist. He never ONCE set up a tripod to take an image in front of me. I'm sure he did at one point but I sure never saw it. So I carried it and meant to make some time-elapsed images but I just got too excited to slow down and do it.

If you hand out beatings for loving your camera so much that you can't slow down your excitement to set up a tripod when you really should, then lash away, Roman. I'll take the hits. ;)

Gus Cobos
10-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I like the lines Julie...It looks like the plans for a building complex in the future...good show...:cool:

Alfred Forns
10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
............ never opened the tripod Jules ....... twenty doesn't seem enough !!!!! :D:D:cool:

Particularly like the lighting !!!

Robert Amoruso
10-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Forget the cable release, flog her with the tripod. :)

Julie Kenward
10-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Robert!!! Ouch!!! Okay...I'll use the tripod. Sheesh!

Roman Kurywczak
10-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Aren't we suppoed to keep this clean???...........Oh never mind........that's friends and family!

Fabs Forns
10-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Well done, Jules, I like it :)