PDA

View Full Version : Wabasso Sunrise

Layton E Parham
10-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Vertical Sunrise just north of Vero Beach. Any suggestions?
Canon Eos 1D MarkIII, 16-35MM F2.8L II,@16MM, 1/200sec, F10, Iso400, manual mode

Robert Amoruso
10-08-2008, 07:43 PM
WOW, I really like this.

The layers from the FG sand, the waves wash, to wave, to ocean, to dark clouds and light clouds to blue sky is perfect.

I am OK with the sun's location. I would suggest evening out the height of the blue sky with the height of the sand.

Nice work Layton. Sorry I could not get out with you. Just too much to do at home. Hope to see you at Desoto this weekend.

Bruce Murden
10-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I really enjoy the textures in the waves, and the balance of waves and clouds. I'd only suggest that on a day like this if you think you have several shots of this comp, I'd go for some wave studies. I love the light on the waves and think you could get some abstracts going. But get what you came for first, then work the scene in different ways.

Great result!

Julie Kenward
10-09-2008, 07:57 AM
Really nice wave/cloud action, Layton! The hues of the blues and browns are so nice and realistic in this - you can tell you matched your image to your mind's eye without going "saturation crazy." Very nice touch!

Roman Kurywczak
10-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Hi Layton,
Originally I was going to say......get rid of some of the blue sky.......but after looking at it for a while..........I like the way it balances the sand. I do also like the sea foam in the sand and the contrasts of colors and tones. Nicely done.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Layton,
A nice image. I would try cropping a little bit from the right to remove the bright cloud/light just above the horizon. I like this.

Douglas Bolt
10-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi Layton,

Very nice image. Here's a slight modification.

PP: added a multiply blend layer and masked around the sun to maintain the brightness of the sun. Also added a little saturation to the yellows and reds to give a little more glow in the sand at the foreground on the right.