PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Vulture

Mike Fuhr
10-08-2008, 06:22 AM
I rarely have a chance to get birds in flight, so when this guy flew by I snapped a few quick shots before he got too shy. It was taken on a bluff overlooking the Canadian River in Ellis County, Oklahoma on the Four Canyon Preserve. If I knew how, I would add additional canvas to the top which given the simplicity of the background, would be relatively easy (?). Only minor adjustments made so far and image was cropped. Anyway, please fire away...

Nikon D50
100-300 F4 @ 300mm
F5.6
1/1000
ISO 200
hand held

Thanks,

Mike

Doug Brown
10-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Congrats Mike on a nice flight shot! It's very sharp and you couldn't ask for better eye contact. A little +EC would have helped bring out more detail in the darks, but a little Shadows/Highlights work in PS will probably work well here. Robert O'Toole's CD has some good info on how to deal with clipped wing tips and adding canvas.

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Great capture Mike and as Doug mentioned very sharp with excellent detail and eye contact. Doug has covered the problems in the dark areas. So glad to see you posting. Keep up the great work !!!!

Mike Fuhr
10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I have that problem with darks often -- my monitor always looks so much brighter than my work monitor (which I'm looking at right now). It definately needs some shadow lighting from this perspective...

Mike