PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom Poster

Chris Hansen
10-08-2008, 12:48 AM
I was playing around with some of my fungi images from last winter and i decided to make a poster. There is such an incredible variety of fungi that can be found in the region i live in. Many people in my area supplement their incomes by picking mushrooms in the winter and spring. They sell them to local mushroom buyers that ship them to San Francisco by Fed Ex or other shippers. There they are further sorted and sold off. The vast majority are air freighted to Japan. When the market was way up years ago i had students in my classes making up to a thousand dollars a weekend picking wild Matsutaki mushrooms.

I'm not a graphic artist so all comments are welcome.
God's light and love to all,

Chris

Lance Warley
10-08-2008, 06:31 AM
It's a great poster, Chris.
Beautiful collection.

A haiku or short poem would go great with it.

Julie Kenward
10-08-2008, 08:05 AM
I agree - I think you did a really nice job on mixing up the images so no one side of the poster looks "heavier" or "darker" than the other. My only thought would be to put a meatier image in the center to really draw and hold the viewer's interest and then work the others in around it.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Lovely work Chris - you did a great job with this!
Regards,
Nicki

Fabs Forns
10-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Images are well balances and yes, you could try your hand at a Haiku or short poem to go with this :)