PDA

View Full Version : Backlit Maple

Mike Moats
10-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Found this Maple leaf that just didn't want to let go. I only noticed it as the early morning sun's backlighting made it glow. Spider webs added a nice touch.

My new book "Tinylandscapes, When-Where-How" can be pre-ordered now and expected to ship the week of Oct.20th, www.MikeMoatsBooks.com (http://www.MikeMoatsBooks.com)

Fuji S3 Pro, Sigma 180 macro, Tripod, Natural Light, F/5.6.

Julie Kenward
10-08-2008, 07:34 AM
I always love when I find these! This is beautifully done and the spiderwebs do add a lot of interest to the image, giving you even more diagonal lines to look at. Is that f5.6 I see there? :eek: I didn't know you used that end of your camera, Mike.:D:D:D

Robert O'Toole
10-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi Mike
Nice, I really like the subject and all the elements are eye pleasing.

This one doesnt seem as sharp as your usual work, I think a little USM applied selectively or course would do the trick.

For me I would like to see just a hint of diffused flash fill like 1/64th power to add some detail to the darks and to give it more edge in sharpness but not to hurt the backlighting effect.

Robert

Gus Cobos
10-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Great composition Mike,
I like the soft earth tones in the leaf and the pale soft green background compliments the subject very well...:cool: