PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Day Squirrel Repost@ better size

Chris Hansen
10-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Finally got things straightened out with Adobe. The bottom line is that Mac Leopard will not work with all its features on PhotoshopCS-2. So here i am back on one of my old computers. Sigh,

Image of a western gray squirrel shot on a wet and foggy day. I shot it from a window blind in my home office. The camera was clamped to the window ledge on a ground pod with a heavey duty Bogen ballhead.

Image data

Canon 10D
Canon 100-400 IS @160mm
ISO 200 I would have preferred 400 but it gets too much noise on the 10D)
1/60 sec at F8.0

All questions and comments appreciated. I have been learning a lot even though i have been photographing a long time. My personal critique is that i wish its head was turned more to me.

God's light and love to all,

Chris

Nonda Surratt
10-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Chris I quite like it! I have always loved how wet make squirrel tail fur curly, you caught that just super. I agree with the head turn.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi Chris,
This works for me - his tail looks like my hair on an English summer day!!!!!!!
Regards,
Nicki

Harold Davis
10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
chris, this is perfect except for as you said the head needs to be turned a little more. the perch is fantastic and there is a nice mood here.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I like the curly tail too and the grey squirrel and the grey BG. Beautiful colours. HA doesn't bother me in this one.
Love the colour of the moss too. Very pretty.

Phil Ertel
10-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi Chris,
I like the mossy branch. The color it adds makes this a pleasing image for me. I also like the curly tail and the reflection/catch-light in the eye is great. Nice a presented but per your own critique a bit a head turn would have made very nice.

Regards,
Phil

Alfred Forns
10-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi Chris You did well with the settings, I think using noise reduction software you could have gone to 400

Would try smoothing out the round oof bg lighter areas and wish a slight head turn !!! I like and good feel !!!

denise ippolito
10-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Hi Chris so glad you were able to re-post larger image of this guy. It's a great shot w/ beautiful colors. Love the Bg color esp.

Gus Cobos
10-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Excellent capture, composition and exposure Chris. Well done...:cool:

Aidan Briggs
10-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Nice capture! I wish the head turn was a bit better.