PDA

View Full Version : Think spring !

sandy richards
01-15-2008, 05:15 AM
<TABLE class=ic_text width="100%" bgColor=#efefef><TBODY><TR><TD>First post from a 98% wildlife photographer. Miserable weather still, so a Florist Tulip with my still-experimenting pseudo-studio lighting at home.

Nikon D300, 105 macro
Full Frame
Exposure time: 1/80
F-stop: 16.0
ISO speed: 200

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mike Moats
01-15-2008, 07:31 AM
Hey Sandy, Welcome to BPN excellent first post in macro/flora. I like this alot. Good comp, love the lighting, and excellent BG. Maybe a very slight crop on top. Well done.

Matthew Pugh
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi
Looks to me as though the lighting set-up is working well, and this is an aspect they comes over very nicely here
Being critical regarding the overall composition - perhaps this area would have been improved slightly by a less acute angle of subject. It would appear to my eye that this bloom already had a naturally pleasing curve in the stem already, I don’t think you really needed to enhance this aspect
Probably a very subjective / taste related remark regarding the overall composition, and a very appealing image regardless
All the best
Matthew

Alfred Forns
01-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Big Welcome Sandy!!! From this image you look like a flower veteran Excellent feel and great bg !!! Love it !!!