PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a goal this season??

Maxis Gamez
10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Hello folks,

Was wondering if any of you have a "goal" this coming bird season?

My goal are bird chicks and Avocets!!

Share your goals with us!! :D

Rocky Sharwell
10-07-2008, 05:24 AM
Maxis,

I don't have a goal yet....but I had some good results last year at Merritt Island with Avocets on Black Point Drive...

Maxis Gamez
10-07-2008, 05:34 AM
Maxis,

I don't have a goal yet....but I had some good results last year at Merritt Island with Avocets on Black Point Drive...

Hi Rocky,

Wow! I haven't even seen one.... do you remember what time of the year? Do you live near Merritt Island??

I have to check that out!!

Thank you for sharing!

Cheryl Flory
10-07-2008, 06:26 AM
My goal is to get improved images of nearly any Floridian birds, but especially burrowing owls, avocets, stilts (are there stilts in FL?), and the white morph reddish egret. And of course, courtship behavior and chicks and workshops. (How's that for a wide open goal?)

But how do I find out when and where would give the best opportunities for these? I am planning our spring vacation now, which can begin anytime after April 12th..... (Will there even be any courtship behavior that late in the spring?)

Thanks!
Cheryl

Maxis Gamez
10-07-2008, 06:37 AM
but especially burrowing owls, avocets, stilts (are there stilts in FL

Hi Cheryl,

You can find information about the Burrowing Owls here and they are very easy to photograph!

http://www.********.org/Photographer's_Guide.html

As far as Stilts, you can find them at Loxahatchee and as Rocky said, the Avocets are in Merritt Island.

Good luck and please check my website (www.********.org) for more information.

Thank you hope to see you soon!

Cheryl Flory
10-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks, Maxis. Will the birds most likely be at those places at the end of April? I don't know the migration/activity times for FL.

Am off to work, hope to be able to get your book later today.
Thanks!
Cheryl

Cheryl Flory
10-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Oh, when do people start posting their short April workshops? (it's gonna to take me quite awhile to save up for those amazing long workshops)

Cheryl

Judd Patterson
10-08-2008, 11:44 PM
My goal is to diversify the number of Florida habitats that I've photographed. I also want to get out in the middle of stuff more often...I've had enough of hanging back on the trails and boardwalks...time to get dirty, take a few risks, and hopefully come back with some more unusual bird and landscape images! :)

Shawn Marques
10-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey Maxis, I did see some avocets last year about this time in Canaveral National Seashore. They were in the water along side of one of the unpaved roads. Unfortunately, I lost about 4 gigs of photos (those included) while backing them up onto my Epson. I should be up in that area within the next couple of weeks. I will let you know if I come across any. ~Shawn

James Shadle
10-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Quit the day job in February!

Michael Pancier
10-22-2008, 04:10 PM
My goal is to get back to the desert and shoot some more out there and to have a productive year of getting spoonbills. Hopefully to go out on James boat and get good weather ;-)