PDA

View Full Version : White Dome During the Day

Roman Kurywczak
10-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Figured I'd show you what hite Dome Geyser looks like during the day........since all I showed was the night stuff. Canon 1D Mark 3 with the 28-135mm lens at 41mm for 1/250th of a sec at f 16 and ISO 800. Hand held and polarising filter used
As always comments welcomed and appreciated

Rob Miner
10-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Rarely does one capture the colors of nature . This picture is right on!

Rob Miner

Robert Amoruso
10-06-2008, 03:08 PM
This is so cool. The subtle colors and arrangement in the comp work so well with the sunlight geyser. Though I like the dark hill on right as it helps to add depth, is there any way to position yourself with just the geyser against the sky?

BTW: As much as I like the night scenes, this is my favorite.

Julie Kenward
10-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Nice comp, Roman. I like the fact that you have a lighter FG and darker BG on opposite sides of the image. The geyser looks great against that blue sky.

Paul Marcellini
10-07-2008, 08:29 PM
So how often does this go off? You seem to have gotten a lot of takes of it. I do like that dark sky behind it, especially complementing the oranges in the rock. It also makes a nice b/w with the yellow/red sliders bright and blues dark. The comp works for me too.

Bruce Murden
10-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Roman, this caps off a nice portfolio of images. I really like the lighting quality and direction on the geyser. I wish the mist drifting off the geyser could be better separated from the BG clouds, but I'll take it for the colors you get on the geyser base in this light.

Gerald_Gilligan
10-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Roman,
I would click a beer on this one...
The side light emphasizing the cone speaks to me..it gives grandeur and power to a well balance composition.
cheers!
Jerry

John Blumenkamp
10-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Nice work Roman... I really like the tone of the light on this one.