PDA

View Full Version : Wary Turtle

Hazel Grant
10-06-2008, 11:33 AM
I put it at higher resolution as you requested.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Hazel, I like the focus you have on the eye, I might be tempted to lighten up the dark shadow a bit over top of his face:)

Phil Ertel
10-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I also like the focus on the eye. It is very sharp and draws my attention. I also like how the out of focus shell in the fore-front of the picture adds depth to the turtle's shell-cavity. You might try going a little lighter as it seems a bit dark. I would like to see this posted at the largest permitted size. I would also be interested in camera setting this image.

Thanks for sharing.

Phil

Hazel Grant
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm still learning the DSL, so this was just on auto when I took it. The download program didn't keep the F stop infor. etc. Taken with Nikon D40x in late afternoon light.

Hazel Grant
10-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks. good point re the dark shadow.

Oscar Zangroniz
10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I like the close up and the focus on the eye is excellent.
Congrats

Gus Cobos
10-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi Hazel,
I like your composition, the eye is very sharp. I tried to open up the blacks; but they are gone, no details. I recovered just a little more on the right hand side. I did a few modifications to your image to illustrate my point. I gave you a black background to make the subject stand out more, and selective sharpened around the outer portions of the shell and face, also boosted contrast and saturation. I would like to see the techs on your image to better help you; you can also post at a higher resolution...:cool:

Alfred Forns
10-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I like it a lot Hazel Basic image is strong and just needed the couple of tweaks Really like the re post by Gus !! You got a keeper !!!! Big Congrats !!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi Hazel,
Lovely strong image and Gus's repost takes it over the top.
Regards,
Nicki

Hazel Grant
10-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the help! I see the difference and can certainly learn from that.
I'll try posting it at higher resolution.
I really don't have the specs because I downloaded it into Photoshop Elements and have now realized that apprently that program does not record the specs other than pixels. (If I am wrong, please, someone tell me how to retrieve specs in Elements) (Also, can anyone recommend another downloading program that does keep such data?)

Thanks.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Hazel, actually, Elements does record exif data. If you open a raw file in ACR (Adobe Camera Raw), which is the first stage in processing your image in Elements, you will find the data in the top right hand corner underneath the histogram thing. If you are shooting in Jpeg format your image will bypass this stage and go straight into photoshop, and I don't know if you can find the info here.
hope that this isn't too confusing - don't worry, a few months ago I didn't even know how to open photoshop, let alone process an image!! You will learn so much on this site - don't be afraid to ask lots of questions - people here are very friendly and willing to share. Hope this helps - let me know if I can be of any more use.
Regards,
Nicki