PDA

View Full Version : Monk Parakeet (Cotorra)

Ramon M. Casares
10-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Hi everybody, today I would like to share a species that you probably know ;)
Just a portrait that I hope you like taken at a Natural Preserve in the middle of the city of Buenos Aires. Enjoy.

Xt
70-200mm 2.8
TC2X
Tv 1/160 sec
Av f9.0
ISO 200

Commetns are welcome and Critiques are much apreciated!

Linda Robbins
10-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi Ramon -

We have large noisy flocks of these in Florida. They sometimes come to my feeders and empty them in no time. Nice light, pose and background. The face detail is great. The feathers on the wing have an unusual pattern on them...are these worn feathers? I am not on a very good monitor just now., You might want to add some canvas left and top and crop a bit more from the bottom to just below the wing as the bird seems a little tight in the frame.

Axel Hildebrandt
10-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Great portrait, colors and BG. I agree with Linda regarding the plumage and there are some clone marks (?) next to the bill. Another vote for a bit more room left and maybe top.

Nagesh Mula
10-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Excellent capture with a nice background.

Ramon M. Casares
10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks for your commetns and thoughts.
Linda the feathers look that way because of the light I think, this was not an old subject, here a sample of the pattern in the feathers. I have added more canvas to the left and on top.
Axel, I did'n't clone anything near the bill, just a dark area in the BG near the stomach.
Heres a repost, let me hear you opinions! Thanks.

Ramon M. Casares
10-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Linda, here's the sample of th feathers.

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-06-2008, 12:50 PM
We used to have one of these monk parrots as a pet and they were very loving but noisy. Excellent color and detail in this image Ramon and i love the crop and BG as well es superb eye contact. Congratulations Ramon.

Manos Papadomanolakis
10-06-2008, 12:54 PM
The repost looks much better!!!

Maxis Gamez
10-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Hey Ramon,

Esta preciosa de verdad!! The colors, BG and details are wonderful.

Mas!! :)