PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Snack

Gus Cobos
10-05-2008, 10:50 PM
This little guy was walking up and down the shoreline looking for an early morning snack, at Little Estero Beach. He was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5 - f/5.6G VR

Image solution:
focal length @ 200mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / ISO @ 200 / 1/640sec. - f/5.6 / white balance @ auto / AF - mode @ dynamic range, auto - continuous / color space @ sRGB /lighting solution - no speedlight, ambient light / exposure comp @ -0.3EV / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - no tripod, hand held /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Cheryl Flory
10-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Hi Gus, I like the pose and activity, and the sharpness of the eye is awesome. The long shadow also reminds you of the earliness of the day. And there are even remnants of two footprints! On my monitor there appears to be a hot spot below the wing.

Oscar Zangroniz
10-06-2008, 06:20 AM
I think this is one of the best one from the Estero collection. Excellent details on the bird, exposure is dead on and the low angle takes it over the top.
Big congrats,

Alfred Forns
10-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Very nice Gus When I tried to play with shadows normally would like to include the entire shadow Does looks good Great feel to the image !!! An alternative would have been getting in sun angle !!! Fine work !!!!

Dan Brown
10-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Hey Gus, great shot with such a short focal length lens! This is a Sanderling I believe? Very nice light, sharpeness, low angle and eye contact!

SeanKP
10-06-2008, 09:33 AM
This has a wonderful 'feel' to it. Great sharpness, exposure (although I see that slight hot spot too) and the eye contact is splendid.

Alfred, what do you mean by 'getting in sun angle'?

Cheers.

Sean

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Gus,
Lovely work my friend - definitely my favourite shore bird! Love the quality of light and the shadow is a bonus.
Regards,
Nicki

Harold Davis
10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
agree with oscar, may be the best of the bunch!! love the contact with the bird. and the light is real nice too!

sean, i think what al is talking about is being in a position where your shadow is pointed at the bird, therefore being in the sun angle.