PDA

View Full Version : ?Sparrow (House) not sure........

Jackie Schuknecht
10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
So I have been trying to work on exposure and photographed this little guy today.
I was wondering how the exposure looks, how the colours look, and if I need to do any more sharpening.

40D
ISO 800
1-400 @400
AWB
+1 1/3 EV
-1 Fill Flash with Better Beamer
Tripod
Cropped from Original
Shot on a very overcast day.

Comments appreciated on the above.

Next I will be reading The Zone System,,,,,I think I will be buying No Doze by the palette to get through it:)

Desmond Chan
10-05-2008, 10:10 PM
I was wondering how the exposure looks, how the colours look, and if I need to do any more sharpening.

I think it could use just a little bit more. Not so much, just a tiny, little bit more of them. You're quite there as far as this photo goes, IMO.

Next I will be reading The Zone System,,,,,I think I will be buying No Doze by the palette to get through it:)If you ask me - I know you don't - it's OK to read about Zone System (I have). Unless you're going to develop and print your own prints or interest in some history of photography, don't get too hung up on it.

Oscar Zangroniz
10-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Hi Jackie. I specially like your composition on this capture. The bars frame your subject very nicely.
Congrats,

denise ippolito
10-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Jackie the framing is very nice. I'm glad you didn't try to straighten the bars I like that they are not perfect.

Alfred Forns
10-06-2008, 07:26 AM
I like it Jackie Exposure is good and also like the sharpening IMO any more will make it look strange, easy to check out!!!!

btw the zone System was specifically made to handle B&W images by Ansel but he did would out a color version. Did read it but don't think is practical. You don't have as great a dynamic range and don't have the ability to tweak developing times for each film. Not sure why even bother? If you read it you will learn lots of useful things like reflective index for different colors which will help with exposure.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-06-2008, 10:17 AM
When I looked at the photo I think I had a blue colour cast going on plus took out the middle curves adjustment I had done. I think this one looks better.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi Jackie,
I think that I like your repost better, subtle difference but I think it works well. I particularly like the colours in the BG!
Regards,
Nicki

Gus Cobos
10-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi Jackie,
I like the composition, the bird is framed just right, with nice vibrant colors and sharp details...:cool: