PDA

View Full Version : Re-Post Gallinule

bill kominsky
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Here ladies and gentlemen is the repost of the Gallinule with the advice of those who so graciously came to visit and to comment. I feel at this point that I've made friends within the BPN community and appreciate very much their help and input, and would once again like to thank everyone.

Bill

:)

Desmond Chan
10-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Love the colors. Very colorful ! The perch though is a problem. As is, it is too bright with no details. I think there's something you can do to fix it. I also think the bird could use a little bit more sharpening, too.

Axel Hildebrandt
10-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Great find, I agree regarding toning down the whites and more sharpening of the bird. I would also clone out the plant extending from the bird's foot.

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Like the pose in this image Bill and I agree with Axel regarding toning it down slightly, The feather detail is great but it appears that the light was a little harsh . Many thanks for sharing Bill.

bill kominsky
10-06-2008, 06:12 PM
The lighting was very soft and beautiful so { I thought } but in the first post I did what everyone suggested and changed the lighting and contrast and see the image is still not to good. I find it very confusing sometimes to adhere to the comments of the people whom I idolize and respect and who have such a vast difference of opinion which is the part I find confusing. Everyone who does what we do know just how difficult it can be in the field and what we face out there, and sometimes can be very frustrating to fight the lighting and BG's and lets not forget the debris, so with that said please watch for my next post, and thank you all so much for taking the time to visit and for the comments.

Bill

Maxis Gamez
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
The lighting was very soft and beautiful so { I thought } but in the first post I did what everyone suggested and changed the lighting and contrast and see the image is still not to good. I find it very confusing sometimes to adhere to the comments of the people whom I idolize and respect and who have such a vast difference of opinion which is the part I find confusing. Everyone who does what we do know just how difficult it can be in the field and what we face out there, and sometimes can be very frustrating to fight the lighting and BG's and lets not forget the debris, so with that said please watch for my next post, and thank you all so much for taking the time to visit and for the comments.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I totally understand your frustration but, we are here to learn, let's not forget that. We have to pay attention to ALL those factors. BG, exposure, head turn, catchlight, sharpens, etc and all in seconds. If you focus, you can do anything!

I like your re-post, look much better but my main concern in the heavily over exposed stick.

Keep them coming Bill and don't forget to shoot me an email if you have any question.

Are you coming to our GTG next week?

See you soon!