PDA

View Full Version : Splendid Fairy-wren

Simon Bennett
10-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Male Splendid Fairy-wren at Hattah-Kulkyne National Park. Thanks to Rob Drummond for taking me to a place where just about every second bush had a wren in it.

Canon 400D, EF500 f/4 + 1.4 tc, partial metering, ISO200, 1/640, f/9, vertical crop from horizontal, a twig removed.

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-05-2008, 07:54 PM
What gorgeous species. The colors are just gorgeous and I very much like the alert pose. I find it to be slightly oversharpened on my monitor and the left bottom corner a little bit of a distraction. But with that said I would be thrilled to have this in my files. Many thanks for sharing Simon

Julie Kenward
10-05-2008, 08:34 PM
I agree with Judy on both counts. Perhaps less sharpening and a tighter crop to get rid of the LRC might further improve the image. What a gorgeous bird! I had to click on the thumbnail to see where he hails from.

Maxis Gamez
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi,

Love the colors and sharpness. I find the soft leafs a Little distracting but the BG is very nice and clean.

Ramon M. Casares
10-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Bussy perch but a terrific bird! Love the light and the detail, BG is great too, congrats.

Linda Robbins
10-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Wow, what a bird. Love those colors! Cute perky pose, nice bg, and good light. The right corner is a distraction, and perhaps more of a crop will reduce it.

Mark Schmitt
10-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Have seen some images of this on Birdfoum.net. It is a great bird. Capturing the irridesnece of these beauties is a bit of a trick. I find that if you underexpose by about .33 stop you can achieve more even tones. BG is nice and I agree the lower right corner is a slight distraction. All-in-all, a good image.

Juan Aragonés
10-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Would love to see one of this litle blue guys. Really cool species! The sharpness is fantastic and the bird´s pose is really good. Too much room over the bird to my taste. Well done!