PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Mushrooms

Joanna Trescott
10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I liked the composition of this shot, expecially the green leaf. I took this several years ago and have now learned that I tend to shoot my subjects to tight in the frame. Therefore, I added a little canvas to the bottom.
Taken with Canon 10D with 100 mm lens.

Kaushik Balakumar
10-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Lovely subject. & I liked the contrasting colours here.
The top of the frame needs a little more care in PP. The adding of canvas is vividly seen as a thin separating line. It can be removed easily. It is an old image of urs - hence nothing much can be done at this stage but more DOF cud've helped this image IMHO.

Gus Cobos
10-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Great composition well executed. Love the contrasting colors and textures...well done congrats...:cool:

Julie Kenward
10-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Those are too cool, Joanna! They almost look like human ears. :eek: You did a wonderful job of exposure and I'm glad you added that canvas...I bet it would have been tight without it.

Robert O'Toole
10-05-2008, 08:27 PM
What an interesting subject, and the green element looks great. The comp is nice and I am glad you added canvas but as Kaushik pointed out, we can see the edge.

My new APTATS Photoshop CD will feature a tutorial on adding canvas with invisible edges. The CD is coming soon.

Robert

Ed Cordes
10-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Very good comp. I like the contrasting color with the green plant adding interest. Nits covered above.

Anita Rakestraw
10-10-2008, 04:26 AM
I always enjoy your mushroom images, Joanna! I think the pluses and minuses have pretty much been covered.