PDA

View Full Version : Swan Detail...

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi Everyone,
I thought you might enjoy this swan close-up that I took recently.
40D 100-400 @ 400mm
ISO 400
AV F8 1/800 sec
Exp comp -0.7
Cloned out a small portion of neck in LLC and lightened BG a little in levels.
Look forward to your c & c's. Thanks so much - I am learning so much from you guys!!
Best regards,
Nicki

Amy DeStefanis
10-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi Nicki! This is beautiful! Is the eye actually lavender? The colors are wonderful, and the details in the droplets... Sigh. I love it.

Amy D.

Fabs Forns
10-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I also think it's beautiful, I just find the dark areas behind the head a bit distracting. If you are good are masking, get them out of there.

Hugs

Fabs

Doug Brown
10-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Great sharpness, exposure, and composition Nicki! Agree with Fabs about the BG, but that's a quick fix. When do you arrive in New Mexico?

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Hi Amy, Fabs and Doug,
Thanks so much for your very kind words. Fabs, I'm not sure how to fix the streaks using a mask. Can this be done in Elements or could I not just clone them out?? BTW I'm thinking of upgrading to one of the CS packages - does anyone have any info on CS4?
Doug, I arrive in New Mexico the day after Thanksgiving - can't wait!! Are you going to be around?
Regards to all,
Nicki
PS Amy, the eye doesn't look lavender on my screen - kind of wish it did!!

Maxis Gamez
10-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Love the exposure and details. I have to agree with Fab regarding the lines in the BG.

Greg Basco
10-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi, Nicki Gwynn. I like this image a lot -- great graphic feel to it. I actually do not mind the dark streaks at all but wish that they were also present at lower left to balance things out. Thus, since it's probably easier to take them out than put them in, I would end up agreeing with the others.

Cheers,
Greg Basco

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Excellent exposure and wonderful detail. They eye is just beautiful and I love the crop. fine work Niki !!!!

Linda Robbins
10-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I like the diagonal composition and the drops of water on the head. A different and appealing image. Another vote for removing the darker areas on the water.

Ramon M. Casares
10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
My vote for working on the BG a bit more, but wow.. I didn't imagine I was going to love this shot so much, congratulaitons! The light is terrific!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Hi All,
Thanks so much for your kind words! I actually quite like the streaks but I agree with Greg that there needs to be a balance. If I get a chance over the next couple of days I might try reworking it both ways and see how it comes out.
I really appreciate that you all took the time to comment - thanks again!
Best regards,
Nicki

Amy DeStefanis
10-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi Nicki. I'm with you on the streaks. :D

Amy

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Thanks Amy!!!
:D:D