PDA

View Full Version : The Bloch Building

Julie Kenward
10-04-2008, 10:30 PM
One of the things Kansas City has going for it is its outstanding architecture. This past weekend my parents came to town to help celebrate my older brother's 50th birthday. Tonight, my father and I snuck away from the festivities for a few hours and journeyed down to the Country Club Plaza where we photographed the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum and the adjoining Bloch Buildings. A set of five separate buildings, these architectural wonders gradually light up from the inside out as the sky darkens. My father and I found ourselves smack dab in the middle of a gorgeous evening illuminated by the beauty of these buildings and a small sliver of a moon.

This is one of the 100+ images I made tonight and it marks the very first time my award-winning photojournalist father and I have ever photographed anything together. What a treat it was!

Gus Cobos
10-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Very nice Julie,
I like the clean simple lines...:cool:

Joanna Trescott
10-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Jules: How wonderful you were able to photograph with your father. It would have been great to get a picture of the two of your shooting! What lens did you use? Nice DOF.

Julie Kenward
10-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Joanna, I used my Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L and made the image at f5 @ 1/50th, ISO 400.

As for the photo of the two of us...we both prefer the back side of the camera.;)

But...I did managed to sneak one or two images of him for my mom who never gets to see him in a photograph. This is my father in the LRC. :D He certainly gave a nice depth of scale to the size of these buildings!

Alfred Forns
10-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm sure you got one proud father Jules !!!!! Do agree on the architecture !!! You also have some neat fountains Love being there for Xmas with all those lights !!!! Real good memories !!!

Julie Kenward
10-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Al! You've been in my neck of the woods? Next time you're this way you and Fabs HAVE to let me know. I can drag you around and show you where all the shy, timid GBH's hang out. :D:D:D

Jackie Schuknecht
10-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Love the first image with all the shades of darks and the light building furthest back. The picture really draws you in.

Alfred Forns
10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
..... will do Jules :)

Robert Amoruso
10-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I like it Julie.