PDA

View Full Version : Least Grebe

Raul Quinones
10-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I was beyond lucky today, my first time watching this species and got to watch; one adult feeding the chicks while on the back of other the parent, but the best part was watching one of the parents shaking the chicks from the back and "throwing" then in the water, the chicks swam for a short distance and jump on the back of the other adult.

The pictures is a huge crop, the light was not the best, few minutes after this shot I got soak by a serious Florida shower... but I am definitely bias, I like the picture.

C/C are welcome and appreciated,
Raul

bill kominsky
10-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Well Raul I have not made it over there as yet but wii do so very soon. Under the circumstances and lighting conditions the image is great and should be very proud, wish it were in my files.

Bill

Ramon M. Casares
10-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Great story behind the shot, I have enjoyed reading it, now the shot is very nice, the eye contact with both birds is great, situation is great, exposure looks good as well as detail, a bit more saturation would help IMO and the BG is kind of bussy, but still, very nice! Congratulaitons!

Fabs Forns
10-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Lucky you, we have to get there sometime, this is the first one I see with the chick riding. Well done!

Mark Schmitt
10-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Very good image. Fortuitous, indeed. Held up well considering the crop.

Harold Davis
10-05-2008, 05:59 PM
congrats on this one, raul!! love the chick going for a ride. and the detail is really nice for a huge crop!!

Linda Robbins
10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
How cute to see the chick taking a ride. Good head angles on both the parent and the chick. Sounds like a wonderful experience too. Although the bg is busy, I like the habitat included.