PDA

View Full Version : The White Faced Whistling Duck Sets Sail Into the Autumn Mist...

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Everyone,
I hardly dare say this but I think that my internet is fixed...:D:D:cool:

I took this picture the other day at the Slimbridge Wetlands. I know that the bird is somewhat unconventionally placed in the frame. This was a deliberate choice whilst composing the picture, as there was a sunlit reed bed behind the bird and I wanted to convey, through my choice of DOF, a feeling of autumnal mistiness...:D ...in other words the image is more about the BG. OK, I'll stop waffling now...:D
40D 100-400 @ 400mm
AV F9 1/100 sec
ISO 400
Exp comp +1
Look forward to your c & c's!
Best regards to all,
Nicki

Amy DeStefanis
10-04-2008, 05:53 PM
HI Nicki,

The background is really great! I like the composition with the bird coming into the frame. I think I get it!

:)

Amy D.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi Nicki,
I like the placement in the frame and yes we all have to face autumn, and worse yet, winter!!
Killer BG.

Oscar Zangroniz
10-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Well well Ms. Nicki, It's a pleasure to hear that you might be back on a regular basis if that internet connection holds up.
First let me begin by saying that your background is dead on, and second the details are great.
Regards

Gus Cobos
10-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Lady Nicki...youre back...:eek:good deal, its a pleasure having you back, we miss you. I like your composition, bird is placed well in frame, good eye contact and good color rendition, with sharp details...I would, as personal taste, diffuse the brownish blotch on the upper left corner of the frame; my eye keeps going there...good show...:cool:

denise ippolito
10-04-2008, 09:43 PM
I love the BG colors. Very nice crop . great shot!

Lance Peters
10-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi Nicki - looks like a winter puffin - welcome back.

Looks good to me - sharp and detailed - love the BG.

:) :)

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-05-2008, 02:30 AM
Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for all your kind words - I've missed you too - keep praying for my internet connection...:eek::eek::cool:
Regards,
Nicki

Harold Davis
10-05-2008, 08:01 AM
nice work nicki!! bg compliments the bird really well! good to see you back!! we did miss you!!