PDA

View Full Version : Late for Motif: Behavior

Amy DeStefanis
10-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Well, Fall hasn't quite arrived in the Tampa Bay area (almost, though), and I found myself with this behavior photo shot this morning at Ft. DeSoto.

Maybe down here, Fall Colors are the colors of the birds that populate the beaches in the Fall....

In this case, his signature beak is buried in the sand - but that's what the beak is for!!!

A seagull was standing by and worrying him for a while. The seagull finally chased the Oystercatcher away (couldn't post it - bad head angle on both!) :) , and was quite perplexed when he looked down in hole that the Oystercatcher was digging in. Didn't quite have the equipment to burrow that deep!

:)

Amy D.

Nikon D80
ISO 400
70-300 VR lens @ 300
1/1250 sec @ f/7.1

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi Amy,
I think you are right about the birds being the Fall colours - I don't recall many other signs of autumn whilst living in Florida!!!
Lovely behavioural shot - I might just suggest cloning out the bright blob behind the bird. You could also crop it at that point to make a pano. I like it a lot - well done!
Regards,
Nicki

Amy DeStefanis
10-04-2008, 05:38 PM
You could also crop it at that point to make a pano.

Thanks Nicki. One Pano crop, coming up....

I kind of liked the OOF Skimmer in the BG of the orig - but I could have taken out the un-identifiable OOF bright things... Hmmmm.

Amy

Jackie Schuknecht
10-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi Amy,
I like the crop to a pano and looks like you have got good colours and exposure here. I find this a great behavioural shot too. I like it.

Alfred Forns
10-04-2008, 07:45 PM
I like the re post Amy !!! Cleaner and focusing in on the behavior !!! Remember the light angle !!!

Gus Cobos
10-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Very nice repost Amy,
Its nice and clean, all of the attention and focus is on your subject, with no out of focus distractions...good show...:cool:

Alberto Oria
10-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Very nice Amy, the I like the repost more,

Lance Peters
10-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Hi Amy - repost is a improvement - I like - well done :)

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Hi Amy,
Love the repost - looks great!
Regards,
Nicki

Harold Davis
10-05-2008, 08:03 AM
repost is exactly what is was thinking i first saw the original!! nicely done and love the action!!!! wished i could join you guys next weekend, but i have to work:(:(

Amy DeStefanis
10-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi Harold,

Sorry we'll miss you next weekend. It will be fun to meet everyone. I've been going out there the past couple of weekends just to practice some things I've been wanting to figure out. I'm sure I'll come away from it with lens envy (still waiting for my 70-200 2.8). In some ways, scrounging around in the wet sand to sneak closer to the birds has a little more sport in it! :D :D :D

Amy D.

Harold Davis
10-05-2008, 10:42 AM
i know the feeling!!!! it will be fun though!! good luck and hopefully i'll see you next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for crawling around in the sand, i agree! the birds are normally curious enough to comme see what you are! some even come too close!!

Amy DeStefanis
10-05-2008, 10:49 AM
the birds are normally curious enough to comme see what you are! some even come too close!!

I think it's those socks, harold :p:eek::D;)