PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Calibration issue

Anita Rakestraw
10-04-2008, 02:33 PM
I recently calibrated my monitor using ColorEyes Display Pro. Now, many of my images show posterization/moire in the backgrounds - & I'm also seeing it on images I view on BPN (but nobody's commenting that they see it). When I select the backgrounds and run noise reduction or blur, it gets worse! I must have done something wrong - but what? Any ideas?? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Roger Clark
10-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Take a look at the gradients on this page:
http://www.clarkvision.com/photoinfo/choosing_an_LCD_monitor

Do you see posterization on them? If so, it must be in your calibration. Did you first start by setting the intensity? Many LCD monitors are too bright. The above page also shows how you can check your screen brightness.

Roger

Anita Rakestraw
10-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Roger, no I didn't see posterization in the gradients....also, I'm working on a CRT monitor. I think I started by setting intensity....I will scrutinize your resource a little later when I have more time, thanks for that. Any other ideas?

Roger Clark
10-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Anita,
The fact that some images show smooth gradients is good. You say you've seen posterization in images on BPN. Could you post links to some examples? I've also seen posterization on BPN in the past when the file size limit was lower. I found it was jpeg compression artifacts. Perhaps some images still have that problem?
Roger

Anita Rakestraw
10-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for following up on this, Roger. I've PM'd you with an update....