PDA

View Full Version : Morning in the Bosque del Apache

gary rouleau
01-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I heard there was going to a fog in the morning so I drove 3 hours to the Bosque to get the sun-rising through it.

Canon 20D 105mm at f5.6 iso 800 1/640

Paul Davey
01-15-2008, 03:36 AM
I suggest a better composition effect would be to have the dead tee on the left so the other tree is completely in the frame. Here you have cut it out and placed the other one right in the middle. Lighting is, of course, great, and the lower right corner is fabulous. I'm not sure if a dark image was intended, but a slower shutter speed would have brightened things up, perhaps for the better. I think this would look stunning as a monochrome image. Why not try it and see?

Paul

Mike Moats
01-15-2008, 08:03 AM
What a great artistic look. Well done.

Fabs Forns
01-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Intense mood you have here. The colors and fog are spectacular. Only wish the tree was not merging the ones in the back.

Worth the long drive ;)

Jason Hahn
01-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Very moody, has the feeling of a painting to it. I like the color a lot, and the simplicity of the composition. As Fabs mentioned, the one minor issue with the comp is the trees in the background merging with your foreground tree, I think just a shift to the right would have given you that separation, and strengthened the overall composition. Great eye to capture this scene.

Jason

Robert Amoruso
01-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Again, light and mood are fantastic.

I would have done three compositions with this. One of the main subject w/o the BG tree. In that comp, a centralized placement of the tree is OK IMO. One with the FG tree on the left and the BG tree on the right and not clipped. The third would be the FG tree and the BG tree right in line and centralized in the frame. Not sure if the third would work but I would have made it and decided later.

Great job visualizing the possibilites here. I wish I was with you that morning.