PDA

View Full Version : Scouting For Fish

Gus Cobos
10-03-2008, 10:45 PM
This fellow was flying across the fishing pier, a few yards from the shoreline, at Estero Beach. He was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5 - f/5.6G IF-ED VR

Image solution:
focal length @ 300mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / ISO @ 320 / 1/1600sec. - f/8 / white balance @ auto / AF - mode @ dynamic range, auto - continuous / color space @ sRGB /lighting solution - no speedlight, ambient light / exposure comp @ +0.7EV / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - no tripod, hand held /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Lance Peters
10-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Hi Gus - is it my monitor - something funny looking going on in front of the bill and along the bodyline underneath the bird- looks blurry in parts - or maybe shoul dgo grab my glasses??

:)

Oscar Zangroniz
10-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Gus:
I also see what Lance is referring to in his comments, and since I'm not a PS expert I can't even begin to guess what's the cause.
You have excellent eye contact and details.
Regards,

Alfred Forns
10-04-2008, 07:42 AM
I think is the USM bird is too sharp !!

Do like the wing position and eye contact !!! Real nice my friend !!!!

Gus Cobos
10-04-2008, 04:22 PM
You are correct Mr. Forns, its the USM. Did not pick up on that last night, it was way past my bed time, long day and was not thinking right...:eek::D:cool:

Gus Hallgren
10-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi Gus:

Looking at the edges did you clone or QM the bottom from the front of the beak to the end of the tail? All the other edges are as crisp as can be.

Lovely image.

Thanks for sharing.

Uncle Gus :):)

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi Gus,
I do see the halo , but a beautiful shot anyway - fantastic detail under the wings!
Regards,
Nicki