PDA

View Full Version : Brandt Cormorant

Nagesh Mula
10-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi Everyone,
This is our first pic (my Wife's & mine. I take pics and she does PPing ;-)).
We would like to know your opinion on the sharpness and the Composition.

Thanks,
Mulas

James Salywoda
10-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Very cool shot Mulas I like the comp you captured its very nice the expressions on the youngsters is what makes the shot for me. It also looks very sharp.
You both did a great job thanks for sharing.......;) Welcome to BPN as I like forward to seeing more.

Nagesh Mula
10-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Sorry for not posting the specs
100-400 mm f/5.6 IS
EXIF: EOS 30D, f/7.1 @ 1/800, ISO 200

Juan Aragonés
10-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Wellcome on board. I like a lot the beautiful background complimenting the adult ´s eye and the action is very interesting with the two youngs looking to the parent in such different postyres. I wish that there were no overlaping between the head of both birds and I like the idea of the composition but I think it could be more pleasant with more room at the right and at the top. The sharpness and the exposure jobo are spoted on. Very nice Mulas

Ramon M. Casares
10-04-2008, 02:12 AM
I agree with Juan's commet about the chicks heads overlaping, but other than that, I am in love of this shot, the composition and the BG are simply wonderfull! Exposure looks very nice and sharpness is great! Congratulations and welcome!

Rob Lavoie
10-04-2008, 04:29 AM
Well done, I do not mind the heads overlaping, it shows more interaction. If both heads were in the same position then I would not want it overlaping either. Welcome

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Wonderful captured moment and I too love the expressions on the parent and chicks faces. I like this a lot and my only wish would be for more canvas at the top and to the right. Many thanks for sharing Nagesh.

Linda Robbins
10-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Welcome to BPN, and what a terrific first post. Good exposure control and sharpness. While it would be preferable to have separation between the chicks' heads, because the head angles on all three birds are good and the eyes of both chicks are visible, the image still works extremely well. I would add just a little canvas to the top. Very nice capture, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your images.

Sid Garige
10-04-2008, 11:46 AM
A story teller. Great details and exposure control.

Mike Tracy
10-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Nice first post. I really like how all the blues work together in this. The eye is riveting. While not normally a fan of digital frames it works with this image.

Kaushik Balakumar
10-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Exposure is handled very well & sharpness seems perfect too.
Love the way the young ones are looking at the parent.

Robert O'Toole
10-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Nagesh,

Sharpness and comp are all good but I can see a tiny bit of haloing around the parent's head and some of the bills.

The poses, interaction and the eye contact are all excellent. the BG is very cool.

You should try to photography this family in bright cloudy conditions to eliminate some of the sheen or feather reflections/hot spots. Black birds are best photographed out of the sun for the best in IQ.

Robert