PDA

View Full Version : Robin with Frog for Dinner

Anita Rakestraw
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
This is my first post since calibrating my monitor, and I'm eager to hear if anything looks "off" to anyone.

8-06-08 6:17 p.m.
1DMkIII, 500mm lens, BLUBB on car window
f/10, 1/400, ISO 400

I didn't sharpen this at all because of the "jaggies" around the wing and tail feathers....anyone know what causes them?? Also, there seems to be some posterization or moire in that area around the tail, I have no Idea why....?

Alfred Forns
10-04-2008, 08:01 AM
All looks fine Anita Color exp etc !!! Might be a little extra sharpened? Love the pose and bg ... catch is big Plus !!! Excellent !!!!

Lana Hays
10-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Anita
Terrific job getting a Robin to pose.....especially with a frog. Certainly a first for me. I agree with Alfred......color is good but something is going on to give it a funky look....over sharpening or maybe sharpening with some noise reduction? I imagine it could easily be redone......well worth it with the frog as a prize.

Anita Rakestraw
10-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks, Al & Lana. The thing is, I don't think I sharpened at all on this.....the whole series looks kinda different....I'm going to revisit the raw images and see if I can do anything to make them look....more normal. LOL! Lana, I had never seen a robin with a frog, and this robin stayed in the area for a long time, up on the post, down on the grass, up on the post, etc., in spite of cars passing quite nearby several times....