PDA

View Full Version : Foggy Mountain Morning

Art Peslak
01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Roxbury, NY
Canon 5d, 24-70 f/2.8 at 32 mm, ISO 200, 1/200 at f/10

Art Peslak
www.natureimagesbyart.com (http://www.natureimagesbyart.com)

Paul Davey
01-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Hi Art, I like the extensive reflections, but I don't think the fog and downcast conditions do the image justice. The colours, especially on the reflections which should be well-saturated, are drab. Maybe try adjusting brightness/colours? Overall composition is good anyway. If its not working for you then maybe eliminate the reflection and make the image a panorama.

Paul

Fabs Forns
01-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi Art,

Welcome to BPN again. I saw your beautiful Sandpiper and commented on it yesterday.

I downloaded your landscape and used Nik Color effex 3.0
I exaggerated the effects to illustrate the idea.

First, selected the sky and reflection via magic wand. Expanded the selection 4 pix (it's a small jpg) and feather another 4 pix
Created a new layer with selection.
Used bi-color filter user designed (GND filter did'nt work here) choosing blue and gold
Now that we have some color, GND was applied
Last, Brilliance and Warmth at a lower opacity to bring up the flowers.

Of course, it would be better to work on the full file for masking purposes, retouching the small details in the mountains to avoid halos.

As I said above, this is extreme remake to show how to improve a drab day.

Art Peslak
01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Wow Fabs. This is great. I'll have to try this software.

Jason Hahn
01-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I would love to see this scene in some warm light, I bet the colors of that nice line of wildflowers really jump out in good light. I like the lines in this one a lot, the diagonals of the hill really lead your eye from both top and bottom to converge in the scene. One small suggestion I would make is to re-frame the scene slightly so that the lines mirror each other in terms of where they emerge from the frame. Having both emerge from the left hand side or from along the same line top to bottom n the frame would make a little stronger comp for me. Not sure if that was possible from this spot or not. Good to see you on these forums, hope to see more.

Jason