PDA

View Full Version : Fall & Flow

Bruce Murden
10-03-2008, 07:11 AM
This landscape detail was photographed last weekend at Wagner Falls, in Munising, Michigan (Upper Peninsula).

Nikon D80, Nikkor 24-85 f/3.5-4.5 @ 85 mm, f/29, 1sec, ISO 100, overcast day and in the woods.

Robert Amoruso
10-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Bruce,

I think this is one your your best yet. A very thought-out composition. The large rock balanced by the two smaller ones arranged in the scene in well placed locations and of course the bright fall leaves on the large rock is the icing on the cake. Just right flow blur on the water for my tastes.

The overcast light was your friend that day. Well done.

Julie Kenward
10-03-2008, 04:55 PM
I agree. Very well thought out and you got the water just right! The leaves add a wonderful touch of color!

Roman Kurywczak
10-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey Bruce,
The 3 rocks are in perfect position and I echo the sentimnts above.......Very well done!

Chris Starbuck
10-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Bruce,
The 3 rocks are in perfect balance. I think that little curve in the water flow at lower right serves as a nice subtle stop, to keep my eyes in the frame. The leaves are a perfect accent and focal point for my attention. I'm really glad you kept the blue sky reflection; it makes such a beautiful color contrast with the warmth of the leaves, lower left rock, and stream bed. This is the sort of stream image I aspire to create. Just beautiful!

Chris

david cramer
10-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Very nice composition, but a little more room to the right of the large rock would help. Lovely, subtle colors to go with the motion in the water.

Joanna Trescott
10-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Very striking photograph. Outstanding composition and stopping motion of water.. The leaves draw me into the image and my eyes travel in circles, staying in the shot. Well done.

Kaushik Balakumar
10-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Very beautifully composed. Liked everything about this image.