PDA

View Full Version : Sippin' from a Columbine

Keith Bauer
01-14-2008, 08:47 PM
I took this photograph in my backyard. I'm posting in the Hand of Man forum since I placed the columbine in a location to accentuate the background I was hoping for. The green background is simply a wall of Ivy growing with the darker greens being the older growth and the light greens being the newer growth. I picked a view that would outline the hummer if it "posed" at the right angle. Sure enough it did. Thanks in advance for your thoughts

20D, 500mm f/4 with 1.4X converter
Flash @ -1.33
1/500 @ f/5.6, ISO 200

Lana Hays
01-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Keith
Excellent job in planning...it paid off well. Very sharp, well composed and just the right moment. I had to think for a minute on the light area of the BG and realized what you had done.......it frames the flower/hummer perfectly. Well done.

Rene Quenneville
01-14-2008, 09:26 PM
very nice and pleasing image. Bird position is perfect vs the beautiful flower. Good Job!

Nonda Surratt
01-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Usually the hummers steals the photo, here the flower shares equal billing! Love that balance, lovely image.

Jim Neiger
01-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Very nice image. Love the flower and bg. I like the blurred wings too. Since there is no man made elements and the bird is wild, you could have posted this in the wild and free forum.

Yves Matteau
01-21-2008, 10:39 AM
This is a very sharp image from that high speed flying bird. I like the contrast between the flower and the bird and you made a good choice for the aparture opening to blur the wings: that add to the impact of speed .