PDA

View Full Version : Winding road

Rene Quenneville
10-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Early morning shot, 3 exposure HDR. I liked the repetiton and leading line done by the road signs. Please give me your feedback.

1/15 s
f/20
18mm
200 ISO

Roman Kurywczak
10-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi Rene,
I liked the way you seperated the signs and all the curves and angles you presented. The left side seemed a bit out of place......so I went with a few crops and settled on this one. If you look around.......you now see the signs gain a prominant part of the image with more impact. The green in the mountains also makes a strong line and by taking a bit off the top.........it gave the mtn. a nice curve. let me know what you think.

Robert Amoruso
10-03-2008, 07:17 AM
I like the original post Rene and I feel Roman's suggested crop strengthens the image.

Very well done on the HDR as it does not look like HDR here.

Great composition with the road and signs and Roman is right on with how well the pattern of green trees on the rock face combine with the man-made elements.

Rene Quenneville
10-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Thank you for the comments. I really struggled with the crop. I did not know if it was ok to crop out the outside of the road in the bend to the left. I did try to keep the road complete which made a 6*4 ratio and some empty space to the left. After looking at your crop for a few minutes, I agree with your suggestion. It is a great learning experience. Thank you!