PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Heart

Dave Brown
10-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Occasionally I find myself photographing something that is not a bird....this was one of those times

30D, 300mm L + 1.4 extender
1/250 -1/1/3 ev, ISO 250

I had to save this a second time because it was slightly to large to post here when I saved it some time ago. I don't quite remember but I expect I must have been photographing birds at the time to be using the extender,which I would never usually use when taking images of plants. Anyway, I thought I would post it for something different.

Dave Brown

Bruce Murden
10-03-2008, 09:02 AM
And a nice something different it is. I like the leaves on the left pointing us toward the string of blooms. Good focus on the right hand bloom and lovely DOF.

I think you could crop some off the top while leaving a BG gap above the leaves, and a touch off the right, not more than half of the distance from bloom to frame edge. I think that crop would emphasize the flowers that much more. Also, I hope you looked around for slightly different angles. I'd like to see a little more separation (or at least less overlap) of the 4 blooms on the right, but this branch may not have let you do that.

Overall, a nice job!

Alfred Forns
10-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Fully agree with Bruce with suggestions !!! Lovely image and great feel !!! Big Congrats !!!!

Gus Cobos
10-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi Dave,
I like the composition, agree with Bruce's good advice. I like the soft diffused fell to this one...:cool:

denise ippolito
10-04-2008, 07:21 AM
I really like this alot. I like the colors and the composition it has an artistic feel.