PDA

View Full Version : The Sunflower Spin

Julie Kenward
10-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Please don't ask me what I did to get this! I was playing with all the blur filters and I think (think being the key operative word here) that I did a radial blur, then a distort/twirl and, finally, a render/lighting effects/omni light. Once done playing, I sharpened the center a bit with unsharp mask.

Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :D

Bruce Murden
10-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Jules "Pinwheel" Kenward strikes again, with the "press a lot of buttons" workflow! Although you don't always know how you get there, you seem to know when to stop. I like the playful sweep of the petals, the location of the center of the flower, and the open spaces and fade to dark at the top. Nice result!

Joanna Trescott
10-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Oooh, this is really nice....nice twirl...aren't you the one who told me how to follow the path?? I know how it is! Just get lost in the process. I love the filters and experimentation. Great job.

Julie Kenward
10-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks Bruce!

Yes, Joanna, i am the one who told you how to follow the path...but I sat down thinking I was just gonna kill a half an hour and ended up with something I actually liked! Never did stop to write it down or set up the text log. I'm hopeless!

nzmacro
10-04-2008, 03:33 AM
The yellow is just glowing and you just keep pushing those buttons. It obviously works a treat Julie.

Danny.