PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle

Don Blue
01-14-2008, 08:35 PM
This is one of my first shots with my new 500 f/4 using a Wimberley 2 gimbal.

Judd Patterson
01-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Hey Don! You sure created a beautiful photograph! I love the fish in the talons, with water droplets falling off during flight! The background shows us a few hints of a forested river or lake side, but the blur is enough to focus our attention on the eagle. I think the 500mm and Wimberley combination are going to work well for you. :)

Ed Cordes
01-14-2008, 09:28 PM
This image is excellent. I like the perfect focus and the almost smooth BG. It is not too smooth, which some times looks false to me. The intent, looking ahead, stare makes the eagle look like he/she is on a mission. Only nit I have is that you should have told the Eagle to drop his fee a bit to show us his catch because I almost missed seeing it. I/\'m sure the Eagle would have complied with your wishes LOL. Seriously, I do think it is a very strong image.

Terry Eddington
01-14-2008, 10:42 PM
I would say the new set up is working pretty well for you. I like the wing pose, the position in frame and the clear eye. The feather detail may be a little soft but overall I think it is a strong photo. The BG is quite complementary.