PDA

View Full Version : yellowlegs at sunset

allanrube
10-02-2008, 01:31 PM
I shot this as I was leaving Plum Island last week as it was getting dark. After driving 5 miles from the southern beach area, there is a salt pannes area. Like much of Plum Island the light is better for early morning shooting.
1/1600 sec Nikon D300, 400 VR f/10 auto iso.

Any critique is fine, but I am wondering about composition and leaving the markings of the water behind the birds rather than making it a solid gold.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/385170213_8kGkt-L.jpg

Daniel Cadieux
10-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't make it a solid gold, just eliminate the streaks (but leave the mottling at top). I like the composition, but the birds are oversharpened - leaving a noticeable halo around their perimeter.

Maxis Gamez
10-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Love the composition and colors. I also like the birds looking at the same direction. I have to disagree with Daniel on this one. streaks are part of the habitat to me but we all have different taste. However, I agree about the over-sharpened.

allanrube
10-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I Like the streaks too, but I knew what I was shooting at while the image viewer does not. I guess that is why I waned opinions. :o

Will take away some of the sharpening. That is easy to do on this image. No selection to make first.