PDA

View Full Version : Reflecting the Upcoming Fall

Bruce Murden
10-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Photographed at the base of Eagle River Falls in Eagle River, Michigan (in the Upper Peninsula). Even that far north, the colors were light and mixed last weekend. Another week or two may bring better, more prevalent, and more saturated colors.

Nikon D80, Nikkor 24-85 f/3.5-4.5 @ 50 mm, f/29, 1.6sec, ISO 100 (tripod)

Julie Kenward
10-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Very nice, Bruce! I like your composition and the colors of autumn against the grey rocks is great. One thing that might make the image even stronger would be to try to lighten the water towards the back rocks to see if you could get any reflection from that part as well. Still, it's a terrific image and it's got me itching to get outside!

Kaushik Balakumar
10-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Very well seen & captured Bruce. Like it all the way. Excellent details, rocks form interesting patterns.

Roman Kurywczak
10-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey Bruce,
I do like the contrast between the dark rocks and the colors and the pattern is excellent also. My recommendation is to tone down the white trunks in the reflection. to me they are too overpowering and I might even consider removal altogether.

Robert Amoruso
10-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Bruce,

Well composed and the lines between the rocks and water create an intriguing diagonal pattern that winds though the image. Roman caught my one quibble, tone down the white tree trunks.