PDA

View Full Version : Chickadee

Chris Hansen
10-01-2008, 03:52 AM
I spent the morning chatting with the Chickadees. I was only interupted once by my daughters blasted cat. It had caught a Spotted Towhee and was taking it toward the house. I tried to stop it but it was too smart to let me have it as I have taken hapless creatures from it before. We have tried belling it to no avail. It still catches things even with it on.

Chickadee
Canon 10D
Canon 100-400 IS @ 400
Canon 550 EX flash
Canon Shutter release
Manfrotto tripod
Bogen Heavy duty ballhead
ISO 400
1/250 sec @ F 5.6

God's blessings to all,

Chris

Chris Hansen
10-01-2008, 03:56 AM
Not for critique. I just had a quick grab shot before I tried to intercept it.:(

Chris

Alfred Forns
10-01-2008, 08:05 AM
They are hunters Chris !!! Strong image !!!

The perched bird looks good Might tighten the image a little and would take some from the bottom. Don't like the perch coming out of the corner, much rather see just up from the corner. Pose is excellent and so is the bird placement in frame. bg complementing making it an appealing image !!! Glad you made the image using a tripod !!!! Makes a difference !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
10-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Took the liberty of making a few adjustments. I don't know if you'll like it better or not.

Desmond Chan
10-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I prefer Jackie's re-post for the reason that the color and contrast of the original seems to be off a bit. Specifically, if this is the bird that I am thinking of, the top of its head should be black and not grey (just came back photographing them myself). Al's idea about the perch seems good to me. Nevertheless, good show.

Gus Cobos
10-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Very nice composition Chris, with a good head angle...Jackie; excellent repost...:cool:

Harold Davis
10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
i like the way the bird looks in jackie's repost, but would prefer the bg to be a little lighter. like the idea of the crop. awesome base image, chris!