PDA

View Full Version : First Thing: Try To Get Your Subject To Relax...

John Hubbard
09-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Meadow is twelve weeks old in this portrait of her first time on a new cat tree. And even now at fifteen months, she remains quite the serious young lady. It doesn't deter her from being the usual totally affectionate Abyssinian (and being very active) though, but she's all business when it comes to being a kitty.

Gus Cobos
09-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Now this is one pretty kitty. I like her pose...:cool:

Alfred Forns
10-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi John saying they are active is an understatement I call them Siamese Light !!! :)

Amy DeStefanis
10-01-2008, 05:08 PM
How adorable! Love the expression. Is Meadow the cat in your avatar picture? Looks like she grew into those ears! :)

Amy D.

Lana Hays
10-01-2008, 05:23 PM
John
Oh my, Meadow......what big ears you have!!! I just love her!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Love this image and the great composition. The alert pose puts this over the top for me. Many thanks for sharing John.

John Hubbard
10-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone!
Amy -- You're correct, that is Meadow in the avatar (at 14 mo).
Alfred -- Active? These guys are jumpers, too. It's not uncommon to see one standing on the top edge of an open door (on two feet) reaching for a bug or something near the ceiling. (Alright puddy, put down the bug and step away from that door...careful...)
Lana -- Although they do 'grow into' their ears, as an adult, the breed still exhibits prominent (large) ears. At birth, the ears are very small and close to the head. After a couple weeks the ears start to 'perk up' a bit and the kitten kind of looks like 'Yoda' for a bit. Then the ears start to stand up in the manner that ther will forever be...
Judy -- That pose is really something! It's so, well, detached. Makes me want to title this something like: 'Cat with Chest on Chest 2007' ...LOL

Janet Leigh
10-19-2008, 09:59 PM
She is just beautiful!