PDA

View Full Version : Seabrook NH sunrise while fishing

Grady Weed
09-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Canon EOS 5D, Shooting Date/Time: 9/29/2008 06:38:55, Shutter Speed 1/50Sec. Av(Aperture Value) F8.0, Evaluative metering, Exposure Compensation -1/3, ISO 640, Lens: EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, Focal Length: 28.0 mm. Hand held from a moving party fishing boat.

Please see my post in Wildlife, http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21185 , for a more complete story behind this image. I felt we treated to a huge blessing from the creator this day. A spectacular sunrise, great fishing, good friends, my loving wife's companionship, a northern gannet, 2 humpback whales and several right whales. All of this in one day no less.

Judd Patterson
09-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Wow, what can you say about all those colors...so nice with the various shades of red, pink, and purple. I guess my biggest thought there is that the RAW conversion might have resulted in some lost detail in the area closest to the rising sun. Especially the Adobe convector can be bad with certain reds and yellows...giving them a very monocolor appearance which washes out some of the detail. Still, I love the overall feel of this beautiful image. A blessing indeed!

Roman Kurywczak
10-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Whoa Grady,
That was some sunrise! The horizon looks a bit ??concave??.......but the cloud shapes and colors make one spectacular image.

Robert Amoruso
10-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Grady,

Great colors and I really like the upper cloud formation and sky blue color.

FIlter>Distort>Lens Correction remove distortion to correct for the horizon curvature.

Grady Weed
10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Actually guy's, what you see is the clouds are deceiving you. They were forming that way as I shot the scene. I took 17 and kept 3 because of them moving and forming so fast. I have 2 scenes of the water and sky just before these were taken and no clouds or sun yet. the curvature is dead level, if that sounds right. Anyway, I really appreciate your kind words and suggestions for improvement here. Coming from Robert Jud and Roman, it is a nice compliment.