PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Billed Cardinal (Cardenilla)

Ramon M. Casares
09-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Hi everybody! I have been away for a while as I am with a big project in hands so I have very little time, but well, today I would like to show you this Yellow Billed Cardinal photographed in Corrientes, in the Iberá Marshes, light was not the best so fill flash was used (flash catchlight was removed), this one is an almost adult young, as you can see he has some orange dots in the red hood and a brownish color in the torso wich is suposed to be black, hope you like it! Enjoy!

MarkII
70-200mm 2.8
TC2X
Flash
Tripod
Chair blind
Feeder
Tv 1/800 sec
Av f9.0
Iso 400

Comments are welcome and Critiques much apreciated!

Linda Robbins
09-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Beautiful subject and pose with a lovely clean bg. Sharp detail and excellent use of fill flash. I like this composition since the branch is sharp in front and oof to the rear. Had you placed the bird lower in the frame, I think the oof part of the branch would have been distracting. Well done.

Doug Brown
09-30-2008, 10:22 PM
The light sure looks good on my monitor Ramon! Great sharpness, and the bird really pops against that green BG. Nice job.

Joanna Trescott
09-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Beautiful composition. Really nice BG that sets off the bird. Great job!

Kirk Benson
10-01-2008, 03:19 AM
Beautiful Ramon, I never would've guessed you filled with flash, looks like good natural light. Very sharp, great compo, very well done as usual. Congrats!

bill kominsky
10-01-2008, 07:11 AM
The BG is super Ramon as is the entire image, love it great, great job.

Bill

Krijn Trimbos
10-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi Ramon,
Very nice shot, good headturn, perch and BG. Lovely bird to go with it! I am a little puzzeled about the colors though. You said that the light was poor which would imply a normally blueish whitebalance especially when flash is used. In your shot the whitebalance seems to reflect a nicely sun lit subject. Did you do anything to the WB in your RAW conversion program? In any case nicely done!

Manos Papadomanolakis
10-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Nice looking bird,with great eye contact,light and bg!

Fabs Forns
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
What's the best time to visit Argentina for birds, amigo?

Ramon M. Casares
10-01-2008, 11:03 PM
What's the best time to visit Argentina for birds, amigo?

It depends on the species you want to see Fabs, winter is a nice time if you want to work with feeders and small birds, but usually from september to Febraury are the best months to come here as the birds are all breeding, you let me know if you want to come and I will put togehter a nice photographic tour for you here! :)

Juan Aragonés
10-02-2008, 01:21 AM
The light seems OK in my monitor and the pose BG and head turn of the bird are really good. Very good job and best wishes for the project you are working on;)

Satie Sharma
10-02-2008, 02:47 AM
Great shot of this beautiful bird, Ramon. I like the detail, pose and techs in this one. Nice background too.