PDA

View Full Version : Semipalmated Plover

Stephen Keene (Plumviewer)
09-29-2008, 10:52 PM
EOS 1D Mark III plus EF 600 F/4 IS and EX 2x II resulting in 1560 mm combo. BPN has encouraged me to photograph birds who turn their heads. Wow that's hard to capture. So I submit this modest example of what I regard as head turn. Now, if only I can escape being run out of town because this guy approached me when my tripod was set at waist level :-). I thought the image a keeper because it exhibited "semipalmated" as well as the curious nature of these cuties. C & C welcomed.

Axel Hildebrandt
09-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Nice capture of this plover. I like the angle and eye contact. The bird looks a bit soft on my monitor and there are some artifacts around the bill.

Fabs Forns
09-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks for posting this, you can clearly see the feet. Great critique by Axel. Very well exposed too.

Arthur Morris
10-02-2008, 06:17 AM
This is worn juvenile. Love the look of the feet disappearing into the sand. Getting right down on the ground is always a good plan with this species. For the subject to imaging sensor juxtapostion that you had the head angle is perfect. It is not about the bird turning its head, it is about the angle of the head to the imaging sensor at the moment you create the image.